Montgomery Farm To Host Festival On Healthy And Sustainable Living April 4
Full day of family activities scheduled for Watters Creek at Montgomery Farm and Connemara Meadow.
The public is invited to join community organizations and businesses from across Allen and throughout North Texas who will gather April 4 at Watters Creek at Montgomery Farm and the Connemara Conservancy Meadow for a daylong celebration of healthy and sustainable living.
“Seeding a Healthy Community - A Festival for Healthy Living” will offer adults and children a chance to learn about more healthy ways of living while spending a day enjoying the great outdoors.
The family friendly festival begins with an 8 a.m. clean up of Watters Creek, followed by an all-day festival of booths and activities, including:
- Cooking demonstrations, featuring a cook-off between Allen Mayor Steve Terrell and Jason Weaver, Executive Chef at the French Room
- Nature walks and bird watching at the Connemara Conservancy Meadow
- Kayaking and canoeing demonstrations at Montgomery Farm
- A book signing with “Seedfolks” author Paul Fleischman at Borders
- Shopping at a Farmers Market
- Gardening and landscaping presentations
- Hayrides and kite flying demonstrations
- Musical performances by Norton Elementary students
- Presentations by the Backland Prairie Raptor center
- A preview of “Seedfolks: The Play” produced by Allen HS students
In addition, companies such as Wal-Mart and Green Mountain Energy will have eco-friendly products and services on display.
The event is collaboration between a community based Environmental/Ecological Consortium (Montgomery Farm, Connemara Conservancy, Ecoliteracy Project at Norton Elementary, Keep Allen Beautiful and Allen Garden Club), Alliance for a Healthier Allen (Market Street, Presbyterian Hospital of Allen, City of Allen Parks and Recreation and Allen ISD) and ALLen Reads.
| || || |